7.09.2008

.the beginning.

Eek! I'm in Europe for the first time in 8 years and I can't believe I'm going to say this but - I can't WAIT to get home. I started off in London, and I was
missing personal space, then off to Paris and now after over a week away from home, I'm finding myself missing alot more.

Like... food. All I have been eating here is bread!! And boy do they know how to make bready goodness in Paris. I love how during dinner a piece of
French bread is used as a utensil. And the cheeses and pastries, wow. Unfortunately, the French don't cater much to the vegetarian lifestyle, so
finding lunch is difficult and I usually end up with some form of cheesy bread combo. Followed by a crepe for dessert. Sigh.


England, surprisingly, had alot of veggie foods everywhere and I honestly loved everything I ate there. Which is so funny to me, because I was dreading
finding decent food in this country. Last time I was there, all I found was shaved meat and clotted cream. Gross!

Chris (my boyfriend) and I spent our first day on one of those double decker busses. It was pure tourist bliss:

kickback

As you can see here, Chris is giving his thumbs up. This is day one and it's already getting annoying.


mirror

Later on that night, we decided to check out a show, after seeing 4794328 posters for Wicked. Our concierge called for us, and got us 8th row seats!
The show was hilarious. I think the brittish accent really spiced it up.


wickedawesome

And then... a pint at shakespeare's pub. Our window was perfect for seeing sardine-packed busses turn the corner, I could have watched this for hours:

lastcall


Next: Pareeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment