9.16.2008




Being in a relationship with someone in the Navy will guarantee you lots of highs and lows in life, that is one thing
I can guarantee you.

But moments like these - like what I'm about to show you - make it all worthwhile.

My amazing friend Nichole called me a month ago and told me the exciting news - her husband "Carp" made chief!
She asked me if I would attend the pinning ceremony and take pictures of the big day, the day she gets to walk up
in front of everyone and put his pin on for the first time. This is one of those once in a lifetime moments, and
I got to document her (and their son Jack's) overflowing pride and ear-to-ear smiles.

Congratulations Carp!

pinning2

chiefcarp

salute

family

post1

dadandjack

program

bell

and we just did a few fun family pics outside, look at this bomb diggs old plane we found "parked" in the lot!

plane

jackwing

Thanks for letting me be a part of your big day Carps!

6 comments:

  1. What an emotional event! The photos really brought the emotion to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are amazing!!! I love your work. Check out my latest blog, you have been tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy and David Photographers10/06/2008

    Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry Reeves10/13/2008

    Hey Carly: First, I found you through the [b] school; second, great blog and images...they're awesome; third, this ceremony is so cool. My brother is in the Navy and was in the SEAL training...he has since switched to EOD. I couldn't help but notice the trident! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hanaumi Photography10/29/2008

    I enjoyed your work, Carly! That's a good looking family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andi Grant10/31/2008

    I found this post to be very moving. I wish I had a sweet photographer at my husband's pinning capturing that special honor.... I looked through your blog and I love your work. You are going to be huge!!!

    ReplyDelete